Be a Fraternity/Sorority Advocate in D.C.
Apply now to advocate on behalf of the fraternity/sorority experience in Washington, D.C.!
The Fraternal Government Relations Coalition (FGRC) is looking for outstanding campus and chapter leaders to travel to Washington, D.C. to advocate for legislation that is important to the success of fraternity and sorority organizations across the country. This opportunity provides students with the unique opportunity to experience the nation's capital in a new way through direct interaction in the legislative process.
The Congressional visits will take place in Washington, D.C. on Monday, April 8 - Wednesday, April 10, 2019. During the visits, students will advocate to protect the fraternity and sorority experience and students' rights to freely associate with a single-sex organization. Students should not apply if they do not feel comfortable advocating on these legislative issues that are priorities for the FGRC.
The tentative schedule of events for the 2019 FGRC Hill Visits is as follows:
- Sunday, April 7/Monday, April 8: Students arrive Sunday night/Monday morning.
- Monday, April 8 (afternoon): Afternoon training beginning at 3 p.m. for student participants.
- Tuesday, April 9: Training for student participants in the morning/joint training for students and alumni in the afternoon.
- Wednesday, April 10: Students and alumni participate in the annual lobbying day on Capitol Hill and the Fraternity and Sorority Political Action Committee dinner that evening.
- Thursday, April 11: Students travel back to campus.
If selected, students will be expected to participate in prep work leading up to the training sessions and visits, which will include participating in a webinar to learn more about the FGRC's legislative priorities. It is important that students are aware that they will miss at least 3-4 days of school that week and should be prepared to plan accordingly with their professors during that time.
To apply, please fill out the application by 5 pm ET on Friday, November 16.
If you have any questions about the legislative agenda, the application process, or the 2019 Hill Visits, please email FGRC@apks.com.