Sigma Kappa’s Live with Heart Facilitator Team is a group of skilled alumnae members with expertise in engaging facilitation and communication with college-aged learners. These energetic and dynamic women will be trained to facilitate workshops for our collegiate chapters in an effort to provide vibrant education and development opportunities for our members.
Each facilitator will commit to volunteering their time, energy and wisdom to promote Sigma Kappa’s values and purpose by conducting a facilitation experience at a collegiate chapter at least once per term.
Potential Facilitation Topics
- Diversity and inclusion (Identity and Inclusion Series, similarities/differences, religious identity, etc.)
- Healthy relationships (sexual assault awareness, domestic violence awareness, etc.)
- Member safety and supportive sisterhoods (friendship and sisterhood, accountability, etc.)
- Mental health (positive body image, stress, eating disorder awareness, depression, self-care, etc.)
- Personal development (StrengthsFinder, personal brands, goal-setting, etc.)
Collegiate Chapter Benefits
Members of the Live with Heart Facilitator Team will be trained to facilitate programs that are challenging to be peer led. Often, having a person visit a chapter with whom the chapter members are not as familiar allows for deeper and more meaningful conversation and learning. It is imperative that our sisters have the opportunity to engage with strong, confident women who can help to empower our members to be the best version of themselves!
There are numerous reasons your chapter might request a Life with Heart facilitator visit.
- Chapter goals: Your chapter might have identified an area of focus for the term that an outside facilitator has more expertise in than your members.
- Difficult conversations: There is much going on in society and in the lives of our members that call for difficult conversations. A Live with Heart facilitator can come in and guide the chapter through these in a supportive and non-judgmental way.
- Sisterhood retreat: A Live with Heart facilitator is a great option for an outside facilitator to infuse some guided educational programming into your sisterhood retreat plan.
- Breath of fresh air: Sometimes a new face and new voice is just refreshing. The Live with Heart facilitator team can be that for your chapter!
Cost to Chapter
The national organization will cover the cost of travel, accommodations, food during travel and any supplies the facilitator will need for the Live with Heart team to visit our chapters! The chapter should be prepared to cover any costs related to renting a space/facility for the program and snacks/meals for the chapter and facilitator during the program.
Become a Live with Heart Facilitator
Anyone interested in serving as a Live with Heart facilitator should follow the steps below:
Complete the application here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SigmaKappaFacilitationTeam
- Please note: that all applicants will be asked to provide two references who can speak to their facilitation abilities.
- Selected applicants will be asked to submit a video sample of themselves facilitating. More details will be provided to those selected to move on to this stage.
- Alumnae selected to serve on the Live with Heart facilitation team will participate in a weekend long training and conduct their first visit in the spring 2019 term.
Do you know of someone who would make a great Live with Heart facilitator? Please complete our brief recommendation form:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the time commitment to serve as a Live with Heart facilitator?
A: Live with Heart facilitators are expected to attend the annual training and make a visit once per academic term (fall and spring). However, because this is a new initiative during the 2018-2019 academic year Live with Heart facilitators will attend training in the fall term and conduct one visit during the spring term.
Q: How do I know if I am qualified?
A: All Sigma Kappa alumnae are eligible to apply. However, if you are a current nationally appointed volunteer (advisory board supervisor, recruitment supervisor, coordinator, director or any other volunteer appointment approved on an annual or biannual cycle) you are ineligible to simultaneously hold both roles. If you have questions about this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Can I recommend someone to be a part of the Live with Heart Facilitator Team?
A: Yes, but recommendations are not required. If you know a Sigma Kappa that would make a great Live with Heart facilitator we encourage you to complete our brief recommendation form: http://bit.ly/LWHFTRec.
Q: How do I apply? What is the selection process like?
A: All interested alumnae should complete an application, http://bit.ly/LWHFTapp. All applicants will be asked to provide two references who can speak to their facilitation abilities. After the initial application review, selected applicants will be asked to submit a video sample of themselves facilitating. More details will be provided to those selected to move on to this stage. Alumnae selected to serve on the Live with Heart Facilitator Team will participate in a weekend long training and conduct their first visit in the spring of 2019.
For the 2018-2019 academic year, we hope to have applicants chosen in early August to adequately prepare for facilitator training. We encourage you to apply early.